Monday 1 September 2008

Breakout - Delay

Last time I made crappy code that I was ashamed about.
Last time I didn't do enough during the week, which lead to a crunch on Sunday (with even more crappy code).

This time I designed some nice code & abstractions.
I spent a lot of time during the week working on the code.

Saturday I realise I had a lot of nice code & no game.
Weekend crunch & by Sunday, some crappy code mixed in.


In otherwords, I am behind again. A bit worse than last time too, but I hope to have breakout up in the next day or two.

Then the next week game will have to be a simple one.
I'm thinking 2D only (I could use a change!) and a bit mind numbingly simple.

Well, this is a long road ahead, so it's important for me to keep pushing on, learning to make compromises and keep going. Which is what I plan to do.
I'm not giving in this time.

0 comments: