Monday 22 September 2008

Lazy Week

No game this Monday morning.

I had an idea, I started on it, but was a bit slack.
Then I was very very productive on the weekend, but nothing to do with coding!

My Wife & I cleaned up, got a whole lot of tasks checked off & tried to set up our little swimming pool (but stuffed it up, so next weekend will be try 2!).

I have been thinking about this project, and ever since week 2 (the breakout that never was), I realised that I probably won't hit the full 52 games for the year.

I have decided though, not to give up and instead to compromise.

I am going to try to get the bulk of the games done, but I will need a break every so often.

This week I am counting as a break, and after next week's game, I will be taking a one week holiday (from work & this project).

After all, this whole project was meant to be a learning experience for me. I was hoping to refine my skills from coding to time management. Along the way I have learnt some other important things (even though I am only 5 weeks in) such as when to move on and that non-stop work in not maintainable (which has encouraged me to take a break from work too).

2 comments:

mikeInside said...

just found this blog. good work dude! keep it up

Nathan said...

What timing you have there.

I was just about to start my post (above this one now) that explains why I haven't made more games and stuck to my weekly goal!

It was almost enough to guilt me into a second try, but the stress of work & these games, something had to give!