Tuesday 16 September 2008

4 - Sokoban

Damn, I'm not good with these deadlines!
I could have had this one done & up yesterday, but when I got home I got lazy.

So, as painful as it was for tetris, I have gone back to lugging my heavy windows laptop to work.

Currently I code on my EeePC which has been great, so light and easy to throw around.
But when it comes time to making the game work on windows, it comes down to my 15.4" laptop that looks & feels massive after a week of using the eee.

Anyway, enough explaining & apologising, on with the game.


Sokoban is a great puzzle game where you must move the crates to their location by only pushing.
You can only push, and only push one at a time.

I only made the game, the levels come from:
http://users.bentonrea.com/~sasquatch/sokoban/ which were made by David W. Skinner.

Which I found from the linux KSokoban game. I hope David doesn't mind, through KSokoban, his levels where my first introduction to the game, and I thought they would be a good base for mine.

So to start with, here are some screenshots:




The target zone shouldn't be black like that, it isn't under linux, so I will need to find out why. My first guess is that Ogre made a change in how they handle material scripts between versions (my linux one is a little older).

Anyway here is the game:

Download for Windows

0 comments: